So, last week I was supposed to have been on a vacation to Mexico with AH. Obviously, I didn’t end up going, but it was nice that I had been planning on taking those days off from work anyways, so I didn’t have any commitments. But now, I’m back to reality, sitting here in my office with TONS to do and that same feeling I am used to feeling so often…an enormous sense of overwhelm and not knowing where to start.
I spent the morning reading Sober Recovery and also working on a post for this blog of my background story. AH took the day off from work and called a bit ago because he was getting ready to go look for some apartments. He was a big apprehensive because we don’t have anything legally in writing. He was also unsure of if he can qualify for an apartment with the mortgage still being in his name.
So, now that it appears we are really moving forward with this, here’s my list of things I need to figure out/do:
- Draft the petition for dissolution. (I’m lucky in that I’m an attorney, however, I don’t do divorce law. I was going to have someone else represent me, but a friend of mine said he is willing to help me do everything behind the scenes. The only issue is that he was supposed to send me the forms, but he is taking forever.)
- Draft the temporary orders. In this, we need to lay out visitation, child support, and possible maintenance?
- Look into getting my own health insurance (this is going to suck.)
- Figure out what to do with the house. If AH isn’t going to be on it, then I will have to get help from my dad to refinance.
- Figure out realistically how much money I need to be bringing in each month to support myself/kids.
- Look into getting SoberLink set up. I will require AH to do the breathalyzer during his visitations with the kids to make sure he is not drinking around them.
I’m sure there’s more, but it always helps me to lay out a list of what needs to be done. Now time to eat some lunch and get moving on work.